Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 2-- Waking Up Sore

Yesterday I worked a bit harder than usual.  I think it was mostly psychological, the same as when I exercise to earn the bowl of ice cream, but then can't eat it for fear of having wasted all that time, energy, and sweat.  So I cleaned my entire kitchen, which had been quite filthy, I vacuumed, I washed, folded, and put away laundry, I did some rearranging of my tiny home to make it feel a bit larger, I read to my girls...basically, I did many of the things that I spoke about in The Challenge a couple of days ago.  And today, I managed to wake up at six again, sore and happy.  I read my Bible, prayed my prayers, stretched my back, and now I'm readying myself for another day of this blessed challenge called motherhood.  Lord, prepare me.  I am weak, but He makes me strong.  And now, it’s 6:43, and my sweet little Adelaide is making her way down the stairs.  Someone’s going to have to teach her how to tell time.

No comments:

Post a Comment